Eco Halogen Bulbs
Eco Halogen Bulbs are one of the latest versions of incandescent light bulb technology. With the household versions of the traditional incandescent light bulb having succumbed to the phase out instigated by the EU ban, halogen bulbs have had to be improved in order to not suffer the same fate.
The subsequent strive for improved effieciency has seen the creation of energy saving halogen bulbs...
Halogen v eco halogen
Halogen in its base form is something like 10% more energy-efficient than its regular incandescent cousin. The type of halogen being used inside the bulb influences the final figure. In addition to that, a new technology that redirects infrared heat back onto the filament helps the lamp burn more brightly still and bumps up energy-efficiency to around 20-40% over basic halogen technology. Some energy-saving halogen bulbs clock up an amazing 50-60% advantage over old incandescent bulbs.
The halogen advantage
Halogen lighting tends to be cheap - that’s one thing we can all appreciate. But where it really shines is in light quality. Being an incandescent light source it produces a full spectrum of light, which makes it almost peerlessly colour-accurate. The CRI measure (colour rendering index) that is sometimes referred to is inherently maxed out by halogen, where other technologies fumble to hit a half-decent score. Halogen light is bright, crisp, and is ideal as critical display lighting or task lighting.
What we stock
We sell a wide variety of energy-saving halogen lamps:
- Eco Halogen GLS Bulbs : high quality replacements for regular incandescent bulbs with extra energy-efficiency and twice the lifespan.
- Eco Halogen Candle Bulbs: perfect for crisp, pure light from your luminaires and pendants!
- Eco Halogen Golf Ball Bulbs: little spherical marvels of crisp halogen lighting for your compact-sized luminaires or decorative pendants.
- Eco Halogen GU10s: the classic mains-powered spotlight with all the inherent benefits of one of the best forms of light around.
- Eco Halogen Low Voltage Spotlights: low voltage multifaceted reflectors for track or rail lights, recessed ceiling lights or desk lamps.
- Eco Halogen Double Ended Linear: powerful halogen linear lamps for uses such as floodlights.
- Eco Halogen Reflectors: bright and efficient replacements for old incandescent ‘R’ type mains reflectors.
- Eco Halogen Capsules: incredibly bright light from very small luminaires and fittings is possible with these great incandescent replacements.
- Eco Halogen AR111: impressive output for lighting large display areas - save money over old incandescent equivalents!
Still trailing fluorescent lamps or LEDs for sheer low-powered efficiency and lifespan, these energy-saving halogens are, nonetheless, an enticing blend of affordability and fantastic-quality light.
Items 1-24 of 66